Things have been rough for me offline, with a family death followed on instantaneously by starting a new program at my new grad school, and now preparations for a weekend of lecturing and conference/work. I am sorry to have been behind, and hope to get caught up with all of you soon.
Since my brain has no space left for a new topic, I’ll catch up by sharing links to some interesting things I’ve been reading lately, that you might want to read too. I’ll be back next week with something far better for topics beginning in “D.”
1. People are starting to meet each other in person (gasp!) with this Pagan Tea Time thing. Back in the day I was one of the progenitors of a “Pagan Tea House” on the AOL network. Loving both that people are using a similar name for the idea, AND that they’re getting to know each other as human beings and not just words on screens. Keep it up.
2. In this post, Oracle talks about ritual as a “love letter to the Gods.” I could not like this post enough.
3. The difference between purity and perfection, beautifully stated, by a Kemetic Orthodox priest.
4. Even if you don’t like rain or children, this will give you life. Or it should.
5. On conversion and appropriation, or what happens when the religion you once appropriated starts appropriating you….
6. Respect the divine weapons, even when they are aimed at you. (I love me some Hanuman!)
7. On compassion and unification (or, more blessing and less smiting)
8. Have a good week and we’ll talk soon!